The Countdown is ON!
Shopping for school supplies? Here are the basics of what we will need this year. From unit to unit we'll add extra things (food items, objects you can find on a nature walk, etc.) but here are the few things you'll want to grab before we start and while they're on sale:
- Primary Journal
- Pencils (regular not the fat/jumbo ones)
- Crayons (again, regular not fat/jumbo)
- Safety scissors
- Glue Sticks (you probably do want a bunch of these)
- Liquid glue
- Construction paper
- Cardstock (white)
- Washable paint
- Popsicle sticks
Additional items for UNIT ONE- FOOD
- various fruits and vegetables- whatever you buy on your weekly shopping trip will suit- just need to be available to handle and wash.
- sugar cookie dough- nothing fancy, we won't need it until the 8th day so no rush on this one.
- Play-doh (If you can find green it'll match our book but not a big deal if it's a different color. My Sadie(2) will probably insist on using pink regardless of what I'm asking her to do/make.
- magazine- doesn't really matter what kind of magazine were going to chop it up on a hunt for pictures. :)
It's super important to me that our preschool play is accessible for all families. It's my goal to keep activities meaningful and simple. I don't want one single mama feeling stressed like she needs to buy out the teacher/office supply store. I'd be willing to bet you have everything you need to teach your little already in your home. This is me promising to keep it simple and fun for your family! :)
Can't wait to share, grow, and learning with you this year!